Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

BLOG CHANGES
From now on RENOIR AND THE IMPRESSIONISTS will be updated every week day Monday to Friday.
NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL ART 
will return and post 3 paintings every Saturday
nowthatswhaticallart.blogspot.com

Why be at Pains? -A Wooer's Song

Why be at pains that I should know
You sought not me?
Do breezes, then, make features glow
So rosily?
Come, the lit port is at our back,
And the tumbling sea;
Elsewhere the lampless uphill track
To uncertainty!

O should not we two waifs join hands?
I am alone,
You would enrich me more than lands
By being my own.
Yet, though this facile moment flies,
Close is your tone,
And ere to-morrow's dewfall dries
I plough the unknown.


A quote from a Hardy novel

“The chief pleasure connected with asking an opinion lies in not adopting it.”  (Desperate Remedies)

-o0o-

No comments:

Post a Comment